This is my third toy from John Thomas Toys, and the biggest dildo in my collection. My first was The Barbarian, and then The Anal Probe, and now, Pongo Dongo! Pongo has quickly become a favourite for its gargantuan size, weight and texure.
My experiences with The Barbarian and The Anal Probe from John Thomas have been excellent, despite them being oversized and initially intimidating. These previous two dildos were 12″ but the Pongo Dongo is a massive 16″! Why do I like these enormous dildos that I can barely take 6 inches of? The stretch! I love girth and I don’t care much about length, and the sheer heft of John Thomas dildos makes me swoon. There’s something so sexy and delicious about being penetrated with something so massive.
Stats & Specs
The full specs for all sizes of the John Thomas Toys’ Pongo Dongo are available on the John Thomas website. Pongo comes in the classic John Thomas sizes: 7″, 9″, 12″, and 16″. These are the specs for the 16″ that I have:
- Overall height: 16 inches / 40.64 cm
- Base height: 3.5 inches / 8.89 cm
- Insertable length: 13 inches / 33.02 cm
- Circumference (penis head): 5.5 inches / 13.97 cm
- Circumference (top of shaft): 7.8 inches / 19.81 cm
- Circumference (middle of shaft): 11.2 inches / 28.44 cm
- Circumference (bottom of shaft): 12.5 inches / 31.75 cm
- Circumference (base): 20.5 inches / 52.07 cm
- Vac-U-Lock™ compatible and comes with a free suction cup base
- O Ring compatible
- *Weight: 3217g / 7.09 lbs (*variable)
- Material: 100% Platinum Silicone (FDA approved)
- Texture: Smooth, ribbed
- Colour: Metallic gold (also available in black)
- Medium (shore rating A-20)
- Designed in UK and made in USA
As always, the shipping was incredibly speedy and my toy arrived in a very non-descript, unmarked brown box. If privacy and discretion is essential for you, you can trust John Thomas Toys.
My Experience with the John Thomas Toys’ pongo dongo dildo
As with my previous two giant dildos from JT, Pongo is a great ride. I was stunned by it’s size and weight but also excited to get down to business and try it out. With all three of my JT toys I find Pongo too hefty and large dildo for my small hands so I prefer to ride it for maximum control of the depth and intensity. It is very sturdy, mine is a medium density, and it is firm without feeling rigid, yielding without being soft. Because these are vag-only toys for me (my butthole recoils in horror at the thought!) I cannot possibly take *all* of them, but I can manage a good several inches before I feel like I’ll be split in two, and that fullness is, for me, the goal.
I lovingly call my Pongo Dongo “Armadillo Dick” because of the dusty gold colour that reminds me of a desert armadillo, and because of the ridged ‘plate armour’ of the texture. It also comes in black, but I felt like branching out and I’m glad I did, because it adds a nice variety to the collection.
A thing or two about butts and big toys
If you have anal play goals, and the site of something like this gorgeous dildo gets you going, it may be advantageous to look into anal training. This guide that I wrote as part of my Sex 101 series outlines all the steps you need to consider if you have big butt stuff dreams and no idea how to get there. As always, anal play comes with some cautions and considerations but it can absolutely be a great addition to your sexual repertoire as long as you are prepared and adventurous and you have an excellent lube close at hand. I make no secrets of my love of Sutil Lubes and my partnership with them. They really are great companions to all the sorts of sex you may have, including waterbased, all natural formulations that are slick and long lasting enough for anal.
Why you will love this dildo
The John Thomas Toys’ Pongo Dongo is a well made and beautifully designed dildo. But let me tell you why:
- Designed in the UK and American-made, it is a quality dildo
- Great for folks that are overwhelmed by, or just don’t like, a lot of texture – the “scaled” texture is broad and not overwhelming at all, overstim is unlikely for most!
- Pure silicone, and lots of it – 7 or so pounds in the 16″!
- Easy to clean and sterilize because it’s just silicone, pure and simple
- Latex compatible
- Works great with your favourite water-based lube
- Vac-U-Lock™ compatible
- The base is O-ring compatible if you want to strap it on
Bang for your Buck
At the time this post was published the regular retail price for the John Thomas Toys’ Pongo Dongo was £69.99/approx $90 USD. This is not a budget toy, but if you’re looking for a quality dildo that is well made and will last for many years, treat yourself to this chunky, hunky, hunk of silicone.
The Violet Fawkes Seal of Approval
The Pongo Dongo is a great toy, no ifs ands or but(t)s. It absolutely deserves to join the ranks of previous Fawkes’ Faves toys. I have no specific criticisms for this toy; just like with my other toys from John Thomas, I love the look and feel of it, it did everything and was everything it was expected to be, and more. It is without hesitation that I *again* recommend John Thomas toys. Run, don’t walk, and get yourself one!
Thank you so much to the team at John Thomas Toys for sending me the John Thomas Toys’ Pongo Dongo dildo in exchange for an honest review. All opinions and endorsements are my own. The links in this post are not affiliate links.